Skip to main content

System Failure & HORRORFEST

.{Rue}. has amped up for Halloween and this month we're not only in "We Love Role-Play" but we are also in TWO MORE events, and there are some new releases at each!

Opening today (October 17th) at 6pm SLT/PST ...

Click the picture to go to the  blog with all the info!
A long time ago House of Ruin (Ruina's old brand) was in one of Pulse Games' Halloween game/hunts and it was so much fun! For those unfamiliar with how it works - it's a massive horror themed game that takes place in a truly breathtaking build. You have to solve puzzles and figure out the story to get to the end. Along the way, there are all kinds of goodies hidden throughout the game by all the supporting designers. At the end of the build you'll find a little souvenir shop filled with cool stuff from all the designers who hide stuff along the way!

So, this year, I've released some new EYES to go with the computer-y theme of the build: Singularity

click the image to view larger
The eyes mostly look human ... except they've got a tiny little camera lens for a pupil. The name is a reference to the technological singularity - a concept and prediction about the future combination of technology with humanity. There's some very interesting stuff out there about it if you're curious, but you can start with the wikipedia page about it.

So, back to the hunt - You'll find the full release of the eyes (many of which match the old Tonic Eyes) ONLY in the shop at the end of the game, but one color set you'll have to hunt down in the game itself: the Static set:

click the image to view larger
Each color is in a shield with the .{Rue}. logo, and there are a total of 6 shields from .{Rue}. for you to find:
this is what you are looking for!

Keep an eye out for shields from all the other designers too! Good luck!

~

Opening on October 18th at 12:01am SLT/PST ...

Click the picture to go to the  blog with all the info!
.{Rue}. has the honor of participating in HORRORFEST this year! For this event I decided to releases my extra creepy Lotus Eater eyes. Trypophobics beware!

click the image to view larger
I was inspired by the very creepy lotus pods that many on the internet have photoshopped onto things it they really shouldn't be photoshopped onto, to great and horrific effect. Well, they creep *me* out, at any rate lol. The full release will be available at HORRORFEST, with two color packs (Haunted & Vicious) donating 100% proceeds to The Epilepsy Therapy Project, and the fatpack will donate 25%!

Themis has also put out her beautiful Dream Corsets!


So you'll be able to have a little gothic fashion to dress up your creepy eyes. These come in lots of gorgeous color packs, and of course there is a demo and a fatpack.

IN ADDITION - this is the first year that HORRORFEST is also hosting a grid hunt!


Starting the same day as the fest, the hunt connects all the HORRORFEST sponsors in one gridwide hunt so you get a chance to see all the sponsors actual shops. If you click the poster at the shops it'll give you an invite to the hunt group, so you can connect with other hunters and some of the designers. Each item to find is 1L. Ours contains 3 special hunt colors of the Lotus Eater eyes:


It's very easy to find, promise ;)

Enjoy! Happy hunting! And most importantly HAPPY HALLOWEEN. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Useful Disasters

Well. I have lost a huge amount of computer files for the second time. Included in this recent loss were all of my ad and product templates, as well as a lot of collected resources (both free and purchased). So, you know, that sucks. I am nothing if not fairly resilient, however. So, I'm going to use this opportunity to clean house, organize, and start from scratch. Which means a lot of behind the scenes work that will likely take a lot of time in which you will see nothing from me. But I am not giving up. So have no fear - I may be quiet, but I am not gone. It will also mean a few changes to my stuff, some of which probably doesn't matter that much to you, but I'm gonna tell you anyway because I'm weird and honest like that. So! The stuff that doesn't matter: New ads. And since I'm making a new template, I'm gonna redo all my old ads. Because I like visual consistency. New logo, probably. I'm probably going to stick with the same basic idea,

Winds of Change!

I'm really excited to announce two pieces of news for .{Rue}.! Drumroll please .... #1: I have a partner! My friend Themis Enzo has done me the honor of joining the brand .{Rue}. <3 She will be creating under the brand, and may even be bringing in some of her favorite Favole items! She'll be helping out a lot with the advertising too, so expect her name to be attached to blogposts, notecards, messages and the like. We also have some plans stewing of collaborations, which is pretty exciting. While she'll be managing a lot of the public face of .{Rue}., I do recommend for product questions and issues to contact the person who made the item (in other words, check the items' properties for the creator). It's not a big deal if you get the wrong person, as we'll pass the messages on to each other, but it will probably be faster for *you* if you contact the particular creator directly. Anyway, Themis is awesome and I'm so very delighted to be working wit

New Shop, and MORE BOOT COLORS!

So, a few of pieces of information - 1. The important little thing I should get out of the way - if you've been using an old LM in the past couple of days, you've probably been confused to find yourself on an empty spot of land. No, you aren't crazy. I was unceremoniously evicted from Netherfield by some people that I'm gonna be pissed at for a while. Have no fear, though! I've got a nice cozy little place back on the sim House of Ruin ended its reign - Aurora Vale! I'm rather happy to be back with Cherelle and Helena. It's not a large shop, and I'll have to move stuff onto the Marketplace as I release new things (or re-release old things lol), but it's lovely, and it's homey, and it makes me happy. So! Update your LMs: .{Rue}. on Aurora Vale 2. I said I'd make more boot colors and I diiiiid, and just in time for Spring too! :D My family is not at all religious, but dying eggs for easter has been a hardcore family tradition since I